Thursday, July 11, 2013

2013 Nature Box July Review

Hey Gals!

Recently my husband found out he needs to work on his cholesterol. We eat really healthy home cooked organic meals, but my husband LOVE LOVES oreos. So I have been on the lookout for healthy snacks that are yummy. I came across a half off a nature box and decided to give it a shot!

 The box was here the day after i received shipping confirmation! It contains 5 bags of snacks. 




The box contained a card describing all the snacks this month and the social media networks you can find nature box on. 

 One of the biggest attractions to this company was the fact that their snacks contained no high fructose corn syrup and no hydrogenated oils. It is becoming next to impossible to find things without those two ingredients. 
 I also loved that I did not have to go to the store and try to read the ingredients and nutrition label of 5 different bags with my husband and my kids. I love them all dearly but its like a vacation to shop alone! This box was great because a nutritionist already has looked them over and I can easily pronounce all the ingredients listed! As an added bonus every box bought, supplies a meal to a hungry person in America. So without further adieu:


ONTO THE SNACKS!!!!!!

  1. Tart and Tangy Fruit Medley: This was very sweet and i think it would be great to dress up some plain oatmeal or to add to bran muffins! Of course it is also good just plain. 3 Servings per bag. 140 calories per serving.


2. Tuscan Summer Mix: When I first opened the bag I caught a whiff of the basil and parmesan. yummy!!! This was so crunchy/savory/buttery/melt in your mouth goodness. I really like this one the best! 4 Servings per bag. 180 Calories per serving
 3. Mango Almond Bites: These are little rice cake bite minis. They have a great texture and the nuts really make this filling. Ive had rice cakes in the past and just wasn't impressed. But I liked these and i appreciate that there are no unpronounceable ingredients. 4 servings per bag. 150 calories per serving.
 4. South Pacific Plantains: I wasn't too sure about this. I don't like banana chips and when I think plantains I think about them in a frying pan all sweet and gooey. They had a nice crisp and tasted exactly like a potato chip. Im not a big fan of potato chips so this one was so-so for me. But if you love potato chips then this is a great healthy alternative! 5 Servings per bag. 150 calories per serving. 
5. Cherry crumble granola: When i think granola i think crunch. This one is a soft baked one. It is delicious! It is like a soft oatmeal cookie that fell apart. This will be perfect for the baby. She's always wanting my granola and I'm always worried about her choking.

Overall i am very happy with this box and will accept next months box. We have gone to the health food store MANY times and honestly never left without spending far more than 20 dollars and snacks there are hit and miss. Just because its healthy doesn't mean its good and you will want to eat it. All of these snacks were GOOD! I can just about guarantee that they will be gone before the next box shows up. I will let you know how the kids and hubby react to them. We may have to elect for the bigger box. 

Referral link :D 10 for you 10 for me!


Thanks for reading! post a comment if you have any comments/ questions!
Hugs! 


No comments:

Post a Comment