Monday, August 12, 2013

Water Marbled Nails

Hey Gals!

So I have seen water marbled nails all over YouTube and I have wanted to give it a go. I've been so busy getting ready for back to school this past week! Now that everything is all set I had some time to give it a go!

I started off with this video :


Im not going to do a tutorial on this because there are TONS of them already out there. I think PinkAddictive does a great job of explaining the process. I do have a few tips though if you are struggling :)

1.) Plain old tap water. Mine was at 76 degrees Fahrenheit. I temped it because I did see many comments on the polish not spreading. Too cold and the polish dries too fast. and too hot the polish wont spread. 

2.) Try not to use polish that is Fast drying, glitter/shimmer or Color changing. I have about 60 bottles of polish and those were the ones that did not work right

3.) make sure the drop of polish is gently touching the surface. Don't just let it drop in because it will sink. 

4.) This is hard to explain but about halfway through my polish stopped spreading right. Just let the film on top of the water completely dry then swirl it out with a toothpick. You will see what I mean when you try it.

5.) I personally hate the feel of tape on my fingers so i coated my fingers with vaseline. What ever you prefer don't skip on this step. This is SOOOOOOOO messy if you don't use Vaseline/ tape/ lotion to keep the polish off your skin. 

Heres how my first attempt turned out:
Left hand:



Right Hand:
I love love love it! I did have a few problems with bubbles. But I will definitely be doing this mani again in the near future! 
August 15th 2013- Update

I had so much fun with this mani... and i didn't top coat it so it didn't last long. So I had to do it again today:D Heres the pics:





Have you tried this yet? Have any questions about it or need help? Let me know!! I'd love to see how yours turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment