Thursday, May 8, 2014

Friday Favorites- Body Oil!

Hey Gals!

I'm thrilled to be a part of this round -up style of posts! Its always awesome to go around and see what other blogger 'must haves' are!
Click Here to see the list and check out other bloggers must haves! 

I chose to do a post on my favorite must have : BODY OIL!

Quick background on body oil vs body lotion. You definitely need both! Body oil traps moisture in and should be applied straight out of a shower or bath.  Lotion puts moisture in, and should be used at the opposite end of the day. If you shower in the morning then oil in the morning and lotion at night.

With hundreds of oils and lotions it can be hard to find something to suit your needs. Avoid anything heavily fragranced. We all like to smell good. But fragrance is alcohol based and is drying.

Look for:


  • Little or no fragrance. 
  • Little or no Silicone (Cyclopentasiloxane)
  • Little or no mineral oil
  • no petroleum products
  • Cold Pressed/extracted- Many oils change properties with high heat. (coconut oil is the exception)
  • USDA Organic seal. Words like natural or organic mean nothing without this seal. 

Now with all of that said this stuff is amazing!
Its by Pangea Organics and can be found here. The problem is that it will run you $50-55 for one ounce! I use about 2 ounces a month on average. 

The cheapest and purest way is to buy a jar of food grade coconut oil. Like this: 
This is an entire gallon for $40. Its ideal for oil pulling, oil cleansing and as a body oil. 

But If you are spoiled ( like me) and prefer something you can spray on after a shower and aren't opposed to mixtures, fragrance, and silicone then here are a few I enjoy!
Shea Butter Fabulous Oil: 3.5 oz for $36 As you can see I have almost used it all up. It reminds me of the skin so soft from avon but it soaks it really fast and seems to be the best so far for dry skin. I'm not a huge fan of the scent but it doesn't linger so that's ok. 

My second pick is the Honey Almond Oil by C.Booth. $7.99 for 4 ounces. It smells nice and I found the bottle to be the most easy to handle out of the shower. I buy this one the most. Its only second because Juleps smells divine! 


The Julep body oil is by far my favorite! $18-25 depending on where you get it from for 3.5 ounces. I looove the smell and i love the way it makes my skin feel. However I HATE the bottle! If you look up reviews you will see may people mention the sprayer is a fail. I contacted the company for a replacement and they were awesome and replaced the sprayer. By day 2 same problem :( So if you do get this be sure to have a bottle to put it in that sprays well! 

What Do you think? Have you tried any of these? What are your favorite body oils ?


No comments:

Post a Comment